Priest Santo Tome of Toledo commissioned El Greco to paint his most famous work “The Burial of Count Orgaz” which is located in the church of Santo Tomé.
El Greco has influenced painters like Piero della Francesca, Johannes Vermeer and Sandro Botticelli. And later impressionist, cubist and abstract painters like Pablo Picasso and Van Gogh.
The basic “El Greco” tour is offered as a private tour by car to Toledo and takes about 6 hours.
This tour includes:
- Tickets of the speed train AVE
- All entrance fees of the visited sites
- Pleasant transfers in the AVE speed train
- Approximately 33 minutes by train from Atocha station Madrid to Toledo
- Picked up by taxi from the train station in Toledo
- 3 hour visit with an official guide at sites like the Primate Cathedral of Saint Mary, the church Santo Tome with the most famous work of El Greco “The Burial of Count Orgaz” and the museum of El Greco
- Approximately 33 minutes back by train from Toledo to Atocha train station Madrid